Viking Fest 2010 check in and report post

Event planning and reporting

Moderator: mosby's men

Viking Fest 2010 check in and report post

Postby Joe » 15 Aug 2010 08:32

OH! It was very good.

VF10 is drawing to a close.
THIS is the place for participants to post your thoughts, your recollections, your photos and so on.

Thanks to all who came, all who helped, and all who contributed.
Traveling mericies for the Vikings enroute home.

My report later - but I have things to do just yet...
Joe
Viking Chieftain

Re: Viking Fest 2010 check in and report post

Postby ak47 » 15 Aug 2010 18:02

Long drive home...but not as long as some others. Still picking seed ticks off. Had a great time. Wife had a great time and made some new friends she's excited about. Boy (3) had a great time and is super tired from playing all weekend.

Learned a lot of great stuff this week. The medicinal class was awesome. Thanks to pilgrim for a very in-depth bow drill class. I need to hit the woodline again soon and start identifying cottonwoods. We loved the goat class from Morrigan. All the classes were great. It was also great to see some friends I hadn't seen in almost a year. The best part was being able to hang with so many who have the same beliefs, solid family values, and thoughts on preparedness.

Oh and whoever made that Gumbo on Friday nights potluck, I need that recipe please!
ak47

Postby Copperhead » 15 Aug 2010 18:38

Great classes! Good seeing old friends and making new ones!
Copperhead
Iron Viking

Postby a_dblu » 15 Aug 2010 21:08

Home! Finally! :D I am exhaughsted and I will be going to bed as soon as I take a cool shower and my AC cools the house back down from my 'out of town' temperature setting.

I'll post my AAR tommorow.
Isaiah 43:2

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.
Mark Twain

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Will Rogers
a_dblu

Postby Jeepwidow » 15 Aug 2010 21:32

I loved everything. I met alot of new friends and loved seeing old ones. Hope to see everyone next year!

Can we possibly do it in June? :)
Jeepwidow

Postby OzarkGal » 15 Aug 2010 22:26

Fantastic VikingFest 2010 !!!

I loved the classes. The beekeeping class taught by Ron was really helpful and he was very patient at answer my questions. Getting to actually stand really close to the hive while he worked with the bees was absolutely great !! I finally convinced my sister to let me start two or three hives next year. Too late to start yet this year unfortunately.

Many thanks to Jeepwidow for the teaching the Dutch oven class !! Very informative and showed how great the dutch oven works.

Pilgrim52 once again did a great job with the bowdrill class. I learn more every time.

I think the all the instructors did very well !!
Many thanks to them for all their effort .

It was absolutely great to visit with everyone and as always one of my favorite things was the impromptu conversations and discussions that always happen at Viking events. As usual, I learned a lot once again !!

Hopefully everyone will be able to make it back to the next VikingFest !! See ya' then !
OzarkGal

Postby Missourian » 15 Aug 2010 22:28

The second week in June would perhaps be a good time of year for VF11. I really enjoyed the classes and visiting with folks, many of whom I've just met for the first time this year. Meeting the court Jester was a treat but short lived, I didn't know time was short with his (their) being there. Maybe another time to talk and get to know. As for the folks talking and sharing being amongst like minded is an enjoyable situation. Hope to see you all again soon.
I am the Båtsmann and together we prepare: "Make a Plan" - "Build a Kit" - "Get Trained" - "Get Involved In Your Local Government" - Remember: "A FAILURE TO PREPARE IS PREPARING TO FAIL!"
Missourian
Viking Moderator

Postby mosby's men » 16 Aug 2010 05:00

finally rolled in the driveway monday 0558 -wiped out more later .
2004,2005,2006,2007.2008,2009,2010,2011 ,2013,2014,2015 national winter B.O.B event
2009,2010 viking fest
2011 G.O.T'S
mosby's men
Viking Moderator

Postby Want Off The Grid » 16 Aug 2010 07:43

I was sorry to only be able to stay for a few hours... though I wasn't sorry to miss the storm! Lots of downed trees and power outage out this way in KS... poor dog was terrified! Enjoyed "making" my own 9 mm bullet. Thanks Copperhead. And thanks to everyone who witnessed our renewal of vows and blessing of the rings. That was great. Special thanks to Joe! It was perfect.
WOTG! ~
Want Off The Grid

Postby Sur-Sol » 16 Aug 2010 10:16

Last edited by Sur-Sol on 22 Oct 2012 12:48, edited 2 times in total.
Sur-Sol

Next

Return to Linkups