Electronic data

Gathering place to socialize and discuss things that fit nowhere else.

Electronic data

Postby Java MS » 20 Apr 2017 13:35

Lately I have not been doing this like I should but I am trying to get better. One of my cousins died last week. He had everyone's contact information on his phone. It was locked and no one could access the information. Thankfully one of his sister-in-laws thought about posting on his Facebook page so his friends would contact other family to let them know. I had lost several phone numbers when I had to change phones so I had to resort to using Facebook to contact folks. I have their numbers now and they are backed up.
The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
Java MS

Re: Electronic data

Postby eossipov » 21 Apr 2017 04:51

In my phone, I also list, before the names
911-dr..x
911-son..x

I do this, so, If i'm in an accident, or something happens, emergency contact numbers are readily available.
Additionally, the most called numbers are always at the top.
I try and subscribe to Hanlon's Razor as a first round indicator, but sometimes there is more, the more is what keeps me up at night.
eossipov

Re: Electronic data

Postby whls4legs » 21 Apr 2017 13:30

Yep. I use ICE. Same effect.
I don't lock my phone. Nothing in it. Books/PDFs mostly. If I croak, I hope who ever ends up with it slips it in their back pocket. And makes good use.
whls4legs

Return to Mead Hall