Seeking a great kosher dill pickle recipe

Setting something aside

Seeking a great kosher dill pickle recipe

Postby eossipov » 03 Aug 2017 16:12

Hi folks,

I"m doing the summer processing thing, and I was hoping someone has/had a great kosher dill pickle recipe, and maybe a great butter pickle recipe.

Yah, there's recipe's all over the place, and I've tried a few, but I'm looking for 'tried and true' even a picture of the recipe is good, that way you don't have to type it in.
~ thanks in advance :)
~e.
I try and subscribe to Hanlon's Razor as a first round indicator, but sometimes there is more, the more is what keeps me up at night.
eossipov

Re: Seeking a great kosher dill pickle recipe

Postby Ekiwinox » 03 Aug 2017 22:13

Many are good. What type of pickle are you looking for? Sweet? Dill? Half Dill? Not all cucumbers can be a great pickle. There are special varieties planted just to be pickles not cucumbers. Cucumbers can also be juiced. I also like them mostly peeled and quartered with salt. Nice. Myself would lean towards natural salt fermented under brine with weights and no floating spices.
Ekiwinox

Re: Seeking a great kosher dill pickle recipe

Postby eossipov » 04 Aug 2017 00:47

I have the cucumber's, and I've made them before, I just don't have a 'great' pickle recipe, I mean, they are good, I eat what I cook, but they just aren't anything to write home about so-to-speak.

I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone had one they were/are particularly fond of and wanted to share.

I prefer Kosher Style Dills ( normally spears, I only make a few jars of sandwich slices.)
Bread & Butter pickles.
I try and subscribe to Hanlon's Razor as a first round indicator, but sometimes there is more, the more is what keeps me up at night.
eossipov

Return to Food and Water Storage