What I Learned Living off a 30 Day Emergency Supply of Food

Setting something aside

Postby Kolt » 28 Apr 2017 03:10

I saw this and thought I'd pass it on.

http://www.onehundreddollarsamonth.com/ ... y-of-food/

1. I don’t want to eat rice and beans again for a very long time.

2. We are all stronger than we think we are, and willpower is an amazing tool.

3. I feel better than I have in a very long time.

4. A treat is really not a treat if you eat one every.single.day.

5. I function better WITHOUT caffeine.

6. My skin has never been better thanks to the 10 bottles of water I drank every day.

7. Valley Food Storage Products rock! I highly recommend them.

8. No matter how big your emergency food storage kit is, you need to supplement it with a few sweets.

9. Lucy needs exercise.

10. Challenging yourself and jumping outside your comfort zone is pretty awesome.

Valley Food Storage sent me their Value One Month Food Supply Kit to try out and review. When they did this, I had no idea this challenge would be born {they didn’t either, and like I mentioned earlier, they freaked out a bit worrying I was going to become skin and bones because I wasn’t using the kit as it was intended- with other foods supplementing it}. Because let’s be honest, who gets a big fat box of food storage pouches and thinks, “Hmmm. Looks like dinner {and breakfast and lunch} for the next 30 days,” when they have a stocked fridge and a pantry full of yummy food.

No one. That’s who says that.

But I did. And it actually turned out to be a pretty fun experiment. Lost a little weight. Learned a thing or two about myself and my eating habits. Broke my caffeine addiction. So all in all, I’d say it was a pretty successful 30 days

Click on the top link for the entire experiment wrap up.

The link below has various posts made during the 30 day experiment.

http://www.onehundreddollarsamonth.com/ ... ated-food/

I hope you find this as useful as I did.

Take care,
K
"I do today what others will not do, so I can do tomorrow what others cannot do" ... unknown
"The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty." Proverbs 27:12
Kolt

Re: What I Learned Living off a 30 Day Emergency Supply of F

Postby kmussack » 28 Apr 2017 07:37

It would have been interesting to see a before and after blood chemistry work-up.
“The modern world demands that we approve what it should not even dare ask us to tolerate.” Nicolas Gomez Davila
kmussack

Return to Food and Water Storage