Ok, That's It!!

Hone your body

Re: Ok, That's It!!

Postby Joe » 07 Sep 2016 16:25

I have not ridden in years. I remember when I started riding to work in the am and then home for lunch.
I would "easy pedal" six miles into work in the am, wipe off in the men's room (no shower), then power ride home for lunch, take a run, have a shower and drive back to work with a sack lunch to eat at my desk :)

Those first couple weeks were HARD. But after that it was like anything else - your muscles adapt.
Good for you.
Joe
Viking Chieftain

Postby kmussack » 22 Sep 2016 08:35

I'm pushing just a little bit harder every day.

It's working both physically and mentally.

Fresh back from the gym and I'm feeling great!
“The modern world demands that we approve what it should not even dare ask us to tolerate.” Nicolas Gomez Davila
kmussack

Postby kmussack » 30 Jan 2017 13:42

I took a holiday hiatus from my diet and working out which was lengthened by illness and at long last I am back to my old routine.

My net weight loss to date is only 16-pounds. I’m a little disappointed and yet encouraged.

I really don’t understand it as I eat like a bird……a freakin’ condor. Something else I need to address.

I’ve requested a slot at the Allegheny Sniper Challenge again this year. With that looming in my future I’ll be motivated to shape up so as not to suffer as much as I did last year. That 3-day comp will smoke you walking the mountains.
The fact that I’m twice the age of most of the other shooters makes me want to work even harder.

I’ll be including a twice weekly 4 to 6-mile rucksack march into my routine here shortly.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger….until it kills us.
“The modern world demands that we approve what it should not even dare ask us to tolerate.” Nicolas Gomez Davila
kmussack

Postby Joe » 03 Feb 2017 08:08

Weight is kind of like drawing and reholstering
It goes on fast and comes off slowly
Joe
Viking Chieftain

Previous

Return to Fitness and Combatives