Ok, That's It!!

Hone your body

Re: Ok, That's It!!

Postby Joe » 07 Sep 2016 16:25

I have not ridden in years. I remember when I started riding to work in the am and then home for lunch.
I would "easy pedal" six miles into work in the am, wipe off in the men's room (no shower), then power ride home for lunch, take a run, have a shower and drive back to work with a sack lunch to eat at my desk :)

Those first couple weeks were HARD. But after that it was like anything else - your muscles adapt.
Good for you.
Joe
Viking Chieftain

Postby kmussack » 22 Sep 2016 08:35

I'm pushing just a little bit harder every day.

It's working both physically and mentally.

Fresh back from the gym and I'm feeling great!
“The modern world demands that we approve what it should not even dare ask us to tolerate.” Nicolas Gomez Davila
kmussack

Postby kmussack » 30 Jan 2017 13:42

I took a holiday hiatus from my diet and working out which was lengthened by illness and at long last I am back to my old routine.

My net weight loss to date is only 16-pounds. I’m a little disappointed and yet encouraged.

I really don’t understand it as I eat like a bird……a freakin’ condor. Something else I need to address.

I’ve requested a slot at the Allegheny Sniper Challenge again this year. With that looming in my future I’ll be motivated to shape up so as not to suffer as much as I did last year. That 3-day comp will smoke you walking the mountains.
The fact that I’m twice the age of most of the other shooters makes me want to work even harder.

I’ll be including a twice weekly 4 to 6-mile rucksack march into my routine here shortly.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger….until it kills us.
“The modern world demands that we approve what it should not even dare ask us to tolerate.” Nicolas Gomez Davila
kmussack

Postby Joe » 03 Feb 2017 08:08

Weight is kind of like drawing and reholstering
It goes on fast and comes off slowly
Joe
Viking Chieftain

Postby kmussack » 03 Aug 2017 12:42

About ten days ago I made a quantum leap in technology.
After years of refusing to upgrade to a smart phone for OPSEC reasons I threw in the towel.
In for a penny, in for a pound I got an iPhone 7 Plus and a Fitbit Charge 2.

So far it's been a great experience. Although I've been forced to learn a lot of new stuff. (Old Dog Here)

At any rate the Fitbit has become my fitness conscience/trainer/cheerleader.
It tracks my activities and reminds me when I need to do more to meet my goals.
I've also entered into a competition with my daughter via the internet.

Being accountable to a third party, even if its just a wrist watch, is motivating.

Actually, this is a lot of fun.
kmussack

Postby Kolt » 03 Aug 2017 16:41

kmussack wrote:About ten days ago I made a quantum leap in technology.
After years of refusing to upgrade to a smart phone for OPSEC reasons I threw in the towel.
In for a penny, in for a pound I got an iPhone 7 Plus and a Fitbit Charge 2.

So far it's been a great experience. Although I've been forced to learn a lot of new stuff. (Old Dog Here)

At any rate the Fitbit has become my fitness conscience/trainer/cheerleader.
It tracks my activities and reminds me when I need to do more to meet my goals.
I've also entered into a competition with my daughter via the internet.

Being accountable to a third party, even if its just a wrist watch, is motivating.

Actually, this is a lot of fun.

According to my time stamps on posts, hours ago, you made a post in your thread titled 'Fat?' again supporting your stance on the advantages of being fat.

Then, 5 hours later after the fat thread post, you're promoting the benefits of a Fitbit and your fitness goals.

I'm confused.

Did you change your mind during the 5 hours between posts?
"I do today what others will not do, so I can do tomorrow what others cannot do" ... unknown
"The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty." Proverbs 27:12
Kolt

Postby Ekiwinox » 03 Aug 2017 21:18

"rucksack march" I'm fine with just that nice walk at a slow pace for you to observe nature without backpacking extra weight. The extra weight of plentiful drinking water should be plenty to start out with.

You are super lucky to be spending great time with your daughter. Extra points are for one on one daughter time which counts for MEGA double extra points not lugging equipment up hill. She is lucky to have you as her dad and a smart mom too.
Ekiwinox

Postby kmussack » 04 Aug 2017 01:16

Kolt wrote;
According to my time stamps on posts, hours ago, you made a post in your thread titled 'Fat?' again supporting your stance on the advantages of being fat. I'm confused.

Did you change your mind during the 5 hours between posts?

If you were to carefully read my original post on "FAT" you'd realize that I wasn't opposed to being fit. Actually I mentioned the importance of fitness several times.
I was simply pointing out that fat isn't always bad and that in some circumstances it may be an advantage.

Fat and Fit are not mutually exclusive as I tried to point out by showing that most of the NFL players are technically obese.

Sometimes we are so committed to a given point of view that we are blinded to any other.

It's important to keep an open mind, see a topic from different angles and consider alternate perspectives.

But as I also posted; Minds are made up, I get it.
kmussack

Previous

Return to Fitness and Combatives