Old Guy on a Bike......

Bug Out Vehicles - what goes in them and how to employ them

Moderator: Missourian

Re: Old Guy on a Bike......

Postby kmussack » 24 Sep 2016 10:15

I am at zero when it comes to routine bike fixin'.
More to learn.....
“The modern world demands that we approve what it should not even dare ask us to tolerate.” Nicolas Gomez Davila
kmussack

Postby Rich » 29 Sep 2016 17:58

Like just about every other job all you need anymore is google, youtube, and time/patience to watch the videos and read. Soon you'll know as much as any bike mechanic I know.
Rich

Postby kmussack » 05 Oct 2016 11:21

Not that you folks need a "blow by blow" account of my bike riding but......

I rode today as a warm up for my gym workout. What a glorious experience!!
60 degrees F, light breeze, clear blue sky, changing fall foliage, the smell of fall in the air....

I've got that whole shifting thing down and the hills don't scare me any more and my bottom is getting used to the seat.

I'll miss this come winter.
“The modern world demands that we approve what it should not even dare ask us to tolerate.” Nicolas Gomez Davila
kmussack

Postby Rich » 05 Oct 2016 18:48

Rode 20 miles with friends last weekend. They were complaining of sore seats but mine didn't notice it. It's still used to it from last year so the effect holds on for a while!
Rich

Postby Ekiwinox » 05 Oct 2016 19:50

Aren't there special extra fluffy bike seats and or special extra fluffy bike pants or both to make your bike ride more comfortable than the average bears? That is where I would put my rubles.

Pretty please with a cherry on top any bikers or walkers think fluorescent. Large amounts of two or three different contrasting shades of fluorescent. Helmet, shirt, pants, sneakers, bike. All are oppertunities to increase visability. Even for daytime lights of some type. $$$ lights. As a driver I always appreciate a well marked bike so that I can slow down and give it 6 feet of space. Fluorescent triples the visability distance. No doubt most are probably already doing that. Speakers that sound like loud pipes?
Don't Start No Stuff. Won't Be No Stuff. ~Sister Kate

"If those people did not bug out on 9-11... they are never going to bug out." ~PJF

"The whole world hates us, including our allies." ~Pastor Dowell
Ekiwinox

Postby Rich » 06 Oct 2016 18:22

Regarding the fluorescent shirts, my family rides on a trail where there are no cars and we all wear shirts the color of hunter orange. Helps me see them afar off and allows me to worry less when we ride during hunting season. You aren't allowed to hunt next to this trail but I'd rather have them wearing highly visible colors as an additional precaution.
Rich

Previous

Return to BoV