Is anyone watching the new TV series "Hunted"?

Gadgets and Methods

Is anyone watching the new TV series "Hunted"?

Postby Kolt » 26 Jan 2017 09:58

To my knowledge this is the first time it has been done in the US.

Previous years have seen the show filmed/executed in the UK.

It is on CBS.

Here is the synopsis/description: A competition with regular people involving a real-life manhunt where they attempt to completely drop off the grid while skilled investigators, who are highly trained in modern investigating tactics and who process the most advanced tracking technology, hunt to catch them. From searching their homes, internet and cell phones, to identifying individuals' patterns and thinking habits, the Hunters pursuing them and the investigators at their Command Center focus all concentration towards identifying possible hiding places and associates to limit the fugitive's possibilities and increase the possibility of capture. Eighteen individuals will pair up for a chance at the grand prize of $250,000 which will be awarded to any pairs that successfully evade capture for 28 days.

I watched the first two episodes. They took 'regular' people to attempt this feat. If anyone had any real training in tradecraft and evasion it would be a piece of cake. There were way too many amateur hour mistakes committed by the contestants in the first two episodes I watched.

Then again, the entire premise of the show sets the contestants up for failure because they are paired together with unknowns.

I guess it all boils down to TV and ratings for advertising dollars.

Here is a news story about it:

https://youtu.be/mFuyI1foG_8

I couldn't find the trailer on youtube.

Here is the IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6340730/

And here is the Wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunted_(2017_TV_series)

Take care,
K
"I do today what others will not do, so I can do tomorrow what others cannot do" ... unknown
"The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty." Proverbs 27:12
Kolt

Re: Is anyone watching the new TV series "Hunted"?

Postby curmudgeon » 26 Jan 2017 13:46

I watched the first episode (have the second on DVR) and, being a regular person without tradecraft, enjoy the mental challenge. The ATM card provided to the contestants seems like a real drawback unless used to lay a false trail. I wouldn't last long I suspect...
curmudgeon

Postby Joe » 26 Jan 2017 14:13

I heard the contestants get an hour head start. Give me an hour and I am G.O.N.E.
I was looking into entering it but you give them permission to search and log your home, computers, etc.
Then you have a camera crew tagging along (not very stealthy)
Then it is a "reality" show (none of which are real)
......and yet - they would still have all your stuff logged.

No thanks.
Joe
Viking Chieftain

Postby mosby's men » 27 Jan 2017 20:31

you could install dummy stuff for them to log ..
im sure it is scripted to make the hunters look invincible
i would drain that atm card at the first atm machine i came to .
2004,2005,2006,2007.2008,2009,2010,2011 ,2013,2014,2015 national winter B.O.B event
2009,2010 viking fest
2011 G.O.T'S
mosby's men
Viking Moderator

Return to Surveillance and Security