Just In Case

High tech computer apps, Radios of all sorts, Low tech means

Moderator: mosby's men

Just In Case

Postby kmussack » 30 Apr 2017 10:37

This is what my radio shelf looks like when I'm using it;
This is what it looks like when I'm not;

When not actually in use, I cage my electronics/commo gear.
The DX-160 is expendable.
Last edited by kmussack on 19 Jun 2017 12:30, edited 1 time in total.
“The modern world demands that we approve what it should not even dare ask us to tolerate.” Nicolas Gomez Davila
kmussack

Re: Just In Case

Postby Joe » 30 Apr 2017 18:23

A word (or photo) to the wise...
Joe
Viking Chieftain

Postby NorthernExplorer » 03 May 2017 22:33

Scary stuff but it made me smile.

I just finished reading "One Second After"

Theres so much to do, its hard to find time to get everything completed in a timely manner.
NorthernExplorer

Postby DIM TIM » 09 Sep 2017 21:01

Expendable ??? Okay, if you say so. I know nothing lasts forever, but always figure to keep as much of what I have for as long as I possibly can, and don't really look on any of my electronics as expendable.
"It has been said that preparedness and being prepared promotes fear. This isn't true.......being UNPREPARED is what promotes fear."
DIM TIM
DIM TIM

Postby kmussack » 10 Sep 2017 02:41

DIM TIM wrote:Expendable ??? Okay, if you say so. I know nothing lasts forever, but always figure to keep as much of what I have for as long as I possibly can, and don't really look on any of my electronics as expendable.

Any electronic device outside a Faraday cage when an electronic insult gets passed around had better be expendable (have back up that is caged).
Besides, without which how would I listen to WWCR?
“The modern world demands that we approve what it should not even dare ask us to tolerate.” Nicolas Gomez Davila
kmussack

Postby DIM TIM » 17 Sep 2017 12:30

Okay, I get what you meant now. Still a pretty nice piece, and I'd hate to think of it as expendable. But yeah, I know what you mean. I'm trying to do as much as I can to keep as much as I have safe. I like to keep all my primary and back-ups safe, and just keep cheap stuff available for use now. That particular piece would be one that I'd keep safe. Cheap, China made stuff......well, you know.
"It has been said that preparedness and being prepared promotes fear. This isn't true.......being UNPREPARED is what promotes fear."
DIM TIM
DIM TIM

Return to Commo